The Mantle: Magazine
The Mantle Magazine publishes blogs, essays, interviews, reviews, and critiques in the areas of philosophy, literature, arts & culture, and international affairs. We do not currently publish fiction or poetry.
We accept submissions on a rolling basis. Please submit your blog or essay to the related subject editor. Please include a brief bio with your submission.
- Blog posts: 600 -1,200 words
- Essays: 1,500 - 5,000 words
All blogs and essays should be submitted in a Word document via email to the below subject editors:
- Arts & Culture - aria [at] themantle.com (subject: Submission%20to%20The%20Mantle) (Aria Chiodo)
- Philosophy - peter [at] themantle.com (subject: Submission%20to%20The%20Mantle) (Peter Heft)
- International Affairs - marie [at] themantle.com (subject: Submission%20to%20The%20Mantle) (Marie Lamensch)
- Literature - morgan [at] themantle.com (subject: Submission%20to%20The%20Mantle) (Morgan Forde)
All other submission questions can be directed to our Managing Editor at corrie [at] themantle.com (subject: Submission%20to%20The%20Mantle) (Corrie Hulse).
The Mantle: Books
The Mantle publishes nonfiction and literary fiction by emerging writers from around the world, with a focus on authors from Africa. We recommend you become familiar with our titles before submitting your manuscript.
We accept manuscripts on a rolling basis. Please send your text and supplementary materials to shaun [at] themantle.com.
We do not accept poetry or drama.
- Summary of the book
- The complete manuscript
- Short biography of the author
- Short biography of the translator, if applicable
- A PDF of the original language edition, if applicable
- Reviews if the book has been published elsewhere
- List of previously published work by the author and translator
- Availability of rights, if known
All submissions should be double-spaced in legible, 12-point font and provided in .doc(x) or PDF format.
All submissions are carefully considered. Please allow 3-5 months for a response. We appreciate your patience during the process.